In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Anuja Gupta Named Chair of Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business
July 28, 2020
Dr. Gupta has been named chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business and director of the MBA program effective July 1.
- Sinclair Smith Named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences
July 21, 2020
Sinclair Smith, ScD, has been named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences beginning September 1, 2020.
- Alumnus Sees COVID-19 Through A Student Lens Donor Spotlight: Dwight Bowen, PharmD'11
July 20, 2020
When the COVID-19 pandemic began, Dwight Bowen PharmD'11 joined other alumni with a philanthropic response to help USciences students in need through the Student Emergency Fund.
- Pharmacy Students Win Script Your Future National Award
July 09, 2020
USciences Pharmacy students were awarded the National Award in the Annual Medication Adherence Team Challenge.
- Pre-Health Alumni Speak to Students about Life after USciences
June 10, 2020
Alumni of USciences' Pre-Health Program shared their experiences with current students during a virtual alumni event on May 8, 2020, giving advice about applying to graduate school, the transition into their graduate programs, and the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- USciences LLC Receives Green Globe Honorable Mention
June 04, 2020
The USciences Living and Learning Commons (LLC) received an honorable mention for Green Building Initiative's (GBI) 2019 Green Globe Project of the Year Award.
- 4400 Mile Leap of Faith Leads to Valedictorian Honor for Karla Miletic Phys'20
May 29, 2020
Days before the start of the Fall 2016 semester, Miletic made the journey for the first time, and four years later, when she graduated as valedictorian for the Class of 2020, she was back at home in Zadar, where she had been finishing her semester with virtual coursework due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Occupational Therapy Graduate Solidifies her Passion for Helping Others at USciences
May 26, 2020
During her time at USciences, Bridget Houghton DrOT'20 has been able to apply what she learned in the classroom to real-life situations in her field.
- USciences PharmD Graduate Carries on 130-Year-Old Legacy
May 21, 2020
Eric Miekley PharmD'20 graduates from University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy this spring, but his connection to the college goes back much longer than those of his classmates.
- USciences Honors The Class of 2020 During Virtual Ceremony
May 20, 2020
USciences honored the Class of 2020 during the 199th Commencement Ceremony, the first ceremony to be hosted virtually, on May 20, 2020.
- Michael Fox PharmD'20 Found Career During Clinical Experience
May 20, 2020
When deciding on a college, Michael Fox PharmD'20 knew he wanted to pursue a degree in pharmacy after seeing his dad, a pharmaceutical sales representative, working with healthcare providers.
- USciences Students Gain Telehealth Experience During COVID-19 Clinical Rotations
May 19, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. To learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, USciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- Dr. Jill M. Baren Named Provost at University of the Sciences
May 15, 2020
Jill M. Baren, MD, has been named provost and vice president of academic affairs at University of the Sciences, University President Paul Katz, MD, announced today. Dr. Baren is a national leader in academic medicine, healthcare, and higher education.
- Biomedical Writing Student Earned Her Masters From Home in Kenya
May 12, 2020
Lilian Oketch BW'20 completed a master's degree at USciences while living in Nairobi, Kenya through the online Biomedical Writing Program. Oketch has 15 years of experience in clinical research and sought out the program as a stepping stone to a new job and enabled her to pursue a PhD.
- USciences Physics Students and Alumni Inducted into Sigma Pi Sigma Honor Society
May 07, 2020
Five undergraduate students and four USciences alumni were inducted into the Sigma Pi Sigma Physics Honor Society during a virtual ceremony.The event featured a number of guest speakers, including atomic physicist and 1997 Nobel Prize in Physics winner Dr. William Phillips.
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Students get Help from Alumni Donors
May 04, 2020
Many students were beginning rotations and internships just as the COVID-19 pandemic called for national stay-at-home orders and led to restrictions for many healthcare facilities. Marques Williams PharmD'20 is one of them.
- USciences, Cabrini Sign Articulation Agreement
May 04, 2020
University of the Sciences and Cabrini University have signed two articulation agreements allowing students who graduate from Cabrini to transition into USciences' Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Program.
- USciences Emergency Fund Provides Support to Student Needs During COVID-19
May 01, 2020
As the academic year winds down, Student Affairs continues to directly assist students and their families who are feeling the immediate economic impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- USciences Community Members Donate Homemade Masks for Essential Employees
April 29, 2020
Amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, members of the USciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. Senior Victoria Pobok BI'20, MedHum'20, and Karen Levinson PhD, Director of the Counseling Center, both stepped up to help.
- USciences Student and Alumni Helping Community Together
April 29, 2020
USciences student Paul Fimognari PharmD'20 is on rotation at the Compounding Pharmacist in West Chester, PA learning how to compound various creams, gels, and other medications. The Compounding Pharmacist is the first compounding-only pharmacy to open in Pennsylvania and is operated by alumni Kevin Hennessey PharmD'08 and Mark Pimley P'84.